Monday, July 9, 2007


Well last week we held our semiannual staff appreciation day; here is a group photo from the event. Life has been busy here in Yei. We are building churches faster then ever (around 5 per month) and our staff keeps growing. Right now we are building more housing and working on getting more equipment in but as the rains keep coming logistics here becomes more and more of a challenge.  My work is to try and keep things running, making sure everyone has what they need to do their job.  No more jail visits, although I did have to go down once to talk with one of our staff as he put his wife in the hospital over a domestic dispute.  Needless to say he will not be working for me any longer.

Some prayer requests:
  • Staff safety as we work and travel
  • Wisdom as we try and figure out the many logistical issues
  • And as always, for the Christians of Sudan; for the churches being built, that these would not be mere structures we are building but symbols of hope; that many in this land would know our Lord; that the window of peace would remain for as along as possible.
Thank you for your prayers, emails and comments - they are much appreciated.  Thank you also to those of you who helped out on my computer, it is great to have and makes the work much easier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil! Today I looked at my bookmarks and remembered to take a look at your blog. It is wonderful to see your pictures, especially the ones of Lebanon and the kids too. I've never been to Lebanon before, but it's where my grandfather's family comes from. It was fun to talk with Mel before she left and realize that we have some Lebanese heritage in common. Just want you to know that you're dearly loved by our team and thought of. May God fill your heart with HOPE today. --Kim

Jeff said...

Thanks for keeping things running at the base Phil. You're a big part of why the building is going so well. I'm sorry that I (along with everyone else apparently) have not been praying about the logistics. Or maybe others have been praying and God is still saying "Wait."

p.s. who's that guy third from the left in the picture? He looks like such a stud even though he shows up as small little blur.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Mom just got back from Oregon and ran into Aunt Bonnie. She forwarded your site on to me. shoot me an email some time when you get the chance. I linked my blog...lots to fill you in on when you have the time. In the meantime, I'll be catching up with what you're doing. Prayers to you!!

Jen said...

Hey Phil,
Renee Vander Veen passed on your blog address to me. It's very cool to see what you're doing in Yei! I was there a couple years ago visiting Across, so I can visualize where you are and the work you're doing. It's encouraging to see what's happening there. Blessing to you as you continue in God's work there.
~Jen