Monday, April 14, 2008

Maputo

Well it has been a long time since I have written on the blog. But, last month I was able to take my home leave and spend some great time with friends and family. Now I am back, from the time I have written a lot has changed at the office. We have hired some actual staff and are starting to actually function. The registration process for us is long but hopefully by God's grace we will be registered by June. The biggest issue right is the current election crisis and the uncertainty of what will happen next. But we press forward.

Me with some of the nieces and nephews:




However, because of the uncertainty there, my office decided it was best I leave for this month. So now I am in Maputo, Mozambique visiting the Samaritan's Purse office there. I have wanted to do this for a while, although the timing is a bit difficult. I can't say too much on this public site but I can say that Zimbabwe needs our prayers during this time. SP Moz is doing some great work in the area of HIV/AIDS, food relief, livelihoods and water/sanitation. They have been great hosts to me here.

Here are some fisherman on the beach in Moz:

2 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Phil - Glad to see you're doing okay - I've missed reading your blog posts. I'm glad you got some good family time in. I will keep praying...

-Sally

Renee said...

Hey Phil, It's Renee from MESP '96. I try to keep up with your blog and will be praying for you. On another note, my best friend works in Beira. I know that's not near Maputo, but it's cool to think of you both in Moz. Her blog is http://jenabroad.wordpress.com/ if you're interested in reading about her experiences. She works for OASIS. Take care.