Saturday, November 22, 2008

Edge of the World

Well I know it has been quite a while since I have posted.  This last month of transition has been a bit crazy.  Also, I have just returned from 3 weeks in Sudan.  It was a great trip, seeing some old friends and visiting some of the places I use to live.  

From seeing Ben in Rumbek (Tonj) who I was first working with, to Sergey my old Uzbek friend, to Simon and Aloro - friends in Yei, to the driver Henry who I helped spring from prison, and to many faces that were new to me.  Josh and I traveled many many miles and in 3 weeks were not even able to visit all of our sites.  We traveled mostly by plane (a Cessna 206, 208, Caravan, Dash 8 and the last day was a marathon 12 hours back on the DC-3).   We did take a long road trip, had to avoid rebels from Ethiopia, and bypass mine fields.  We have programs all over and it was really good to go and touch base with staff face to face.  Due to some security constraints, I don't feel I can say every where we went.

So now I am back in Kenya, trying to catch up on emails and meetings.  It is an honor and privilege to be back working with this team and I pray the Lord would give me wisdom in the days and months to come.

I will try and get back to blogging and give you some photos later but wanted to at least get something up.

Thank you for your prayers and the emails, I have really appreciated them.  Please continue to remember the team out here and the Christians that are struggling everyday to survive.  Life is short; take the opportunities you can to bring hope and pray the Lord would use you for His glory.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Just getting updates on your blog is such a great reminder to pray and be thankful for all we have! Glad you are doing well and praying for you as you continue to make transitions.

Andee said...

Thank you for the update, Phil! I am so thankful you are gifted to do what you do. We're praying for you!