Thursday, May 21, 2009

A New Heaven and a New Earth


1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.


3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”


5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” 6 And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. 7 All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.


Revelation 21:1-7 (New Living)

4 comments:

Marcie said...

This made my day - Thanks Phil! I was just thinking yesterday how I wished I could give Tera a call :o). I can't wait to be able to talk with her again - in the presence of our Father and His glory. Peace to you my friend. May His hope fill you today. His Kingdom Come!

Aly sun said...

I've been thinking about Tera a lot lately. She was so dear. A song that keeps running through my mind is "Knowing You: all I once thought gain, I have counted loss, spent and worthless now compared to this. Knowing you, Jesus, knowing you. There is no greater thing."

Tera's impact continues. I especially try to remember what is eternal and not fret the small stuff that can bog me down.

L & B said...

Thank you, Phil. We are sure thinking of you.
Love, Buz and Linda

Life tales said...

Hallo Phil, you might not know me but i knew Tera from daystar university in Kenya and we were really good friends. I saw her last when she came to visit me in Berlin. I have been thinking of her and i just need to be able to have closure as well. I did hear of her sudden passing away in 2006 but did not want to ask u of the circumstances of her death as it might have been too much at the time. I could i kindly request you to let me know. I again found myself thinking much about her today. so i googled around hopping to find your contact. I would be honored if you would reach me on this email: ckanja04@web.de
Carol Kanja