Tuesday, May 22, 2007

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10


Be still, my soul - the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul - thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul - thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul - the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul - the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul - when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.

"Be still my soul" - Katharina A. von Schlegel, 1752

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Phil.
With much love,
Buz and Linda

Anonymous said...

Phil,I've been praying for you and thinking of you so much these last few days, these anniversaries are the hardest.What you wrote today and on Sun. were beautiful, thank-you. Love you, Grandma B

Anonymous said...

I've been singing that song to myself the past few days. While thinking of you, reading old letters, etc. Those words really do sum it all up. All I can add it that I love you and pray for you.

Kerri

Aly sun said...

The song is beautiful and expresses deep grief and hope. I am praying for you at this anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Phil, we have prayed for you often, and as this day approached, I have often thought of you. I pray that God continues to strengthen and sustain you, to give you peace and knowledge of his ever present Spirit in your life.

You are proof that God loves crazy people.

Aaron (and Michele) Burtner

Andee said...

Phil, out hearts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

It's already been a year when it always feels like yesterday I spoke w/Tera on the phone. So I did the best I could in honoring her... chicken enchiladas.

Rachel is getting married in June, at the house she and Jack just finished building. (I'll email pics.) Kristi is getting ready for Darin to deploy again to Iraq for 2 months starting July, right when he was to start residency. Their son Mason turns 2 this year and Hannah is ever growing at 10. They all live in Temecula. And I'm 6 months pregnant w/Dorothy Lou.

We all support your endeavors and glad for the decision you made to attend LLU!!

alicia kristine said...

I've loved Tera since I was 4... I just came to your blog via Linda; I've never met you. I think of her often and I am only comforted by the fact that I will see her again... Peace to you Brother... Alicia