Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Well I know it has been a while since I have posted. Our internet here as been very poor lately, one of the joys of living in the middle of the Sudan. It is still not good so no pictures or videos but I did want to let you know a few things happening here.

We had a great Christmas and New Year here, pretty low key but did have some good food and a few games of monopoly.

I had a really nice R&R with my friend Melanie around mid december. Just before I left on that, SP asked me if I could consider going to Zimbabwe and starting a new office. After praying through this I have decided to accept the position there and will leave next week. It is going to be a huge challenge there with lots of logistical and political challenges; I would appreciate your prayer for wisdom and discernment as I am stepping out in a bit of faith. Sudan has been a great place to me, allowing to me experience a lot of the country and have many different jobs.

Please continue to pray for the staff here as they go through a transition time. Also pray for the Christians and the peace process. Finally, remember our brothers and sisters in Kenya as the country as exploded with violence following the election.

I will update when I can with photos and information from Zimbabwe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Phil.
We are definitely praying for your transition and for those in Sudan too.
We know the Lord will give you direction and use you for His purposes there.
You are a blessing to us.
Love,
Buz & Linda