Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Liberia

Well after much prayer and discussion my office decided it would be best if I go and help out at another office while things get sorted out in Zimbabwe.  The process there is going quite slowly and while we are waiting for registration to happen I can be of use in another place.  My heart breaks for the people there and I hope to be back soon.

So I am now in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa.



Liberia has just come out of a 14 year brutal civil war and is working to rebuild its self.  The office is pretty big here with about 200 staff doing all sorts of projects.  One really nice part of this office is we are right near the ocean.

I will give more updates but for more info on Liberia check out: 

www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/li.html

More later 

1 comment:

Joy said...

Holy Cow. I've been following your blog for a couple months now via RSS feeds. I *JUST* returned in May from a year in Liberia. I was in Ganta/Nimba County. I loved living in the interior...not so excited about the big city of Monrovia. I think it's kinda funny that I tuned into your blog to read about your adventures in Zimb, but now your in Liberia. LOL. I hope you have a chance to travel into the interior of Liberia. The weather is usually better, the traffic MUCH better, the people grateful and life is a bit slower. I'd go back to Liberia in a heart-beat.
Enough from me...go in peace brother.

Joy