Thursday, April 19, 2007

So after work one day I went next door and played a little football with the kids, it was a good game but they really took it to me ( I was playing goalie). Actually it was great to get out and have some fun with them.



Besides playing football, other very popular thing to do around here this time of year is to pick mangos. Sometimes they can be really hard to get to...this guy was reaching with his stick to try and get a good one (he is in the red shirt, holding a stick down to the right). I have had several really good ones - one of perks of being in Southern Sudan!




Anyway, things are going fine over here. I am still in Yei for a while as we sort things out for where I should be. It has rained several times over here, which is nice and helps to cool the air.
Anyway, things are going fine over here. I am still in Yei for a while as we sort things out for where I should be. It has rained several times over here, which is nice and helps to cool the air. We are currently working on about 10 churches in this area, 3 up in Tonj, 4 around Lui, and about 7 just about an hour from here, and there is a whole other operation up in the Nuba mountains. This year the goal for the whole program is around 100 churches. At any rate it is a lot of coordination as we try and get supplies to all these sites. A lot of our supplies come up through Uganda and we stage them here in Yei . Well I am beat so that is all for tonight.

No comments: