Saturday, April 21, 2007

Home sweet Home

Well after some discussion with some of the management over here, looks like they want me to stay on and work as the compound manager here at the Yei base. It is not quite as hard core as I wanted but I am willing to fill the need and I think I can be an asset. It does mean that I will be doing some more computer work but will also have opportunities to get into the community Mostly, like I said before, it is a lot of getting things to where they need to be at our sub bases and then making sure this compound runs smoothly. There are probably around 50 staff here at the compound (work shop and metal shop). So now I am working to get the rest of my things sent down from Tonj. Someone else will replace me as mobilizer up there. I am glad to be where I can be used for the kingdom and it will be good to be in one place for a while.

Some prayer requests:
  • Today, one of our staff (Oliver) was in a car accident. He is fine but there are a lot of complications with it, pray for a quick resolution.
  • As I start my new role for wisdom and direction as we work toward excellence and stewardship
  • In this role, I am in need of a computer (going with a Mac this time) , prayer for the funds and someone willing to bring it
  • Prayer for my relationships with the staff, that I may be a blessing to them
  • Prayer that the hearts of the Sudanese people would be broken for Christ, that the churches we are building would be used to bring hope throughout this part of the world.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Phil, I am enjoying reading your accounts! Keep them coming. Praying for you!
PS You're making me hungry for mangos -- they just don't grow them that good here.

Anonymous said...

"The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17