Sunday, April 1, 2007

Panyana Church Opening

Hello All,

This will probably be my last blog for a little while as tomorrow I head up to Tonj and there is no internet up there. Today we went to a church opening, which was very interesting. It lasted about 5 hours, mostly full of speeches but was still neat to see.

Here are a few photos from the day.

Here are some cute kids:

Panyana Church: most of the churches we are opening in this area are Episcopal; this is actually a church that was renovated not built (you can see the walls are brick instead of block), SP did the windows, doors, front, floor, and a few other things:

Inside the church (it was pretty full - this is an understatement):

Well I pray all of you are well. It has been somewhat hot today, proabably in the 90s with high humidity so I think I will go find some water.

A couple of prayer requests, tomorrow I really get into it so just prayer that I will find my way and have wisdom in what I am doing. Also, that I will build some strong relationshiops with the guys I am going to live with. Thank you.

phil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them." Hebrews 6:10

Anonymous said...

Those chitlins are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing them. They're going to love playing with Napoli. :)

Thus says the LORD:
"The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness; when Israel sought for rest the LORD appeared to him from far away.

I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

Again I will build you, and you shall be built..."
Jeremiah 31:2-4

Thought of you and those beautiful children when reading this. Praying for you.